Welcome to the Indy Summer League's 2021 Registration Page!
IUF Return to Play - Please read the following guidelines prior to registering - we will accept payment closer to the league start date!
IUF Return to Play
The Indiana Ultimate Foundation (IUF) Return to Play (RTP) committee has developed guidelines for a safe return to IUF sponsored leagues. We have taken into consideration vaccination numbers and availability, COVID-19 metrics, and the counties we serve. This cannot be done without your help. A safe and effective return to play requires patience and flexibility. The official league start date is currently TBA - hoping for June.
In order to host a summer league it is necessary that these 2 main precautions are met:
- No greater than a 1.5% Week-to-Week raise in positive test results
- No greater a 5% positivity rate
The following outline precautions to ensure the safest, most sanitary form of ultimate:
- Masks Mandatory
- Masks will remain in place regardless of a state mandate or local mandate being lifted and must be worn at all times unless drinking water.
- League will follow CDC guidance for mask efficacy. CDC allows the following:
- Tightly woven fabrics that are 2 to 3 fabric layers
- Surgical Masks
- Must fit properly (worn above the nose, under chin, no gaps-should not easily fall off)
- Hand Sanitizer Stations
- Positioned where fields intersect and at the main gate entrance
- Attendees are strongly encouraged to bring their own sanitizer
- Disc Sanitation Buckets
- Buckets will be filled with a sanitizing mixture at each end zone. Upon scoring, a team will swap the previously in-play disc with a disc from the sanitation bucket.
- Removal of Water Stations
- Water will not be provided. Players are responsible for bringing enough water.
- No sharing of water bottles
- Social Distancing
- No shared sidelines and will have marker locations/cones for players
- Limited field access
- Elimination of spirit circles, team huddles and high fives
- No spectators will be allowed with exemptions for children for childcare purposes.
- Participants will be required to fill out symptom screening forms weekly
- No pickups or substitutes from outside of the league
Contact Tracing and Symptom Screening
Players are expected to skip league and inform captains if experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Coughing or wheezing
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Muscle or body aches
Screening forms will be sent out on Wednesday mornings and must be completed by Thursday at 5:00 PM. Participants will need to fill out the form prior to 5:00PM or will not be allowed to participate that night.
It is important for the health and safety of the Indianapolis Ultimate community that participants in the summer league alert league organizers of any potential COVID-19 exposure or positive test results. Our COVID-19 Exposure Form should be filled out by any league participants that came into close contact with an individual that tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days or tested positive for COVID-19 themselves.
League & Rule Format
- Masks are required at all times once entering the facility (WSP) with exceptions for drinking water.
- A mask timeout will be implemented to allow for participants to adjust their masks during play. We will also allow more timeouts per game to combat heat.
- Upcoming summer league will have a true mixed format.
Guideline and Policy Enforcement
Failure to follow the IUF guidelines will result in a three-strike policy infraction.
- 1st Infraction: Participant will be given a verbal warning
- 2nd Infraction: Immediate removal from league night
- 3rd Infraction: Immediate removal from current league night and referral to IUF Board for removal from league
Infractions in which the offender is uncooperative will be immediately reported to the on-site league manager. In some instances, refusal to leave the facility may result in contact with local law enforcement.
League Postponement and Cancellation Policies
The IUF reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or postpone leagues at the guidance or recommendation of the RTP committee, Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH), or Marion County Public Health Department.
The RTP committee will monitor metrics to determine the safety of play by examining:
- Trending metrics indicate a rise in above defined locations and counties
- Metrics reach the below described metric cap in any of the defined counties
- 10% Positivity Rate and/or 3% Weekly Increase in Positive Cases
- COVID-19 spread linked to league
Do you need to be vaccinated to play?
Will I get a refund if IUF decides to cancel the league?
Payment will not be collected upon registration. A refund policy will be released prior to league start.
What happens if there are not enough female-matching players for league night due to the no substitution rule?
During pre-game flip, Captains will discuss female-matching attendance for that night.
Scenario 1: Both teams are low on female-matching and can't safely play as true mix. Captains can agree to play 6/1 or 5/2.
Scenario 2: 1 team is low and the other has a full (or close to full) roster. The full team roster can "sub" for the low team in order to play true mix.
If there is a lower number of female-matching players, will there be more open teams?
Yes. Number of open & mixed teams will be determined by womxn sign-up numbers.
What types of masks will be appropriate for leagues?
We will be following the CDC guidelines for masks. See image below.
WFDF Digitized Spirit Score Sheet and Score Recording Sheet with Sample Scoring
Sample Symptom Screening and Response Recording Sheet
Analyzing and Weighing qParticipant Numbers Across Counties
CDC Information on Masks Science Brief on Efficacy of Cloth Masks
IUF Mixed League Plan COVID-19 Exposure Form